Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Slapped Cheek Rash




Nate had a few bites on his hands on sunday and I thought, oh no the mosquitoes are back already and it isn't even spring, the downside of a warm winter. Over the next few days the spots increased a bit and i thought they were probably mosquito related. Today he woke up with one very red cheek and I was hoping maybe it was because he slept on that cheek. Then both cheeks turned red!

I remembered that Emily had this slapped cheek condition and went to check it out on google. Well its the # 5 rash, hits kids 4 to 12 and apparently will go away... but its not supposed to be itchy. I send Ike off to school, got lucky with the dr and snuck in before his first 9am appointment. The symptoms are not consistent with Slapped cheek rash... more like bitten by something. So he is on some antihistamine and anti itch cream but it sure doesn't look like its subsiding yet.

He doesn't have a fever and fell asleep in the car. While at home with Mabo he found his train set from Idan and Ronni and this time he seemed more mesmerized by the train moving back and forth and getting little balls in the process. Even Ike at the end of the day sat with him watching the trains go back and forth and picking up balls and passing to thomas, percy and harold.

I've signed the kids up for more Chinese classes, found a teacher advertising at the Chinese grocery store and we will try going to her house on Tues, wed and thurs for an hour, both kids and me and see if we get into the swing of the language. I may then cancel Nate's Friday chinese class where he attends it alone and seems rather unhappy. I also contacted another Chinese teacher who will come to the house on Sundays to play with them in Chinese.

Today I excitedly went and attend my first day of one on one Chinese class, with my granddad's written works as study material... I need to find another teacher, the one I have is from mainland china and they have moved to jiantizi whereas the material I want to cover are all in fantizi. Maybe Nate's teacher will take me in!

I have been working harder at using chinese with the boys. Tonight I heard nate recite 1 to 13 in chinese before sleeping... must remember to recite more numbers.

No comments: