Sunday, June 06, 2010

CNIS kids garden






I have volunteered to help build the CNIS garden for the primary and nursery school, its all going quite well except that the planning started late and soon we are going to be hitting summer hols, I guess its not a bad time to dig and plant and when the kdis come back the garden would be alot more established.

Here is a stump where I will be tying orchids. I got some off Vinisha and still need alot more!!! Think I will post on facebook and see who can give me more! I also dug up two smaller plots, lost 1/2 kg and have some biceps. The Primary 5 and 6 are bigger kids and I feel a bit like huckleberry finn and hope their enthusiasm for digging does not wane, otherwise I do have a back up plan to hire some professional diggers. Manage to sort out a cheap source of soil and compost and free manure!

Its been quite nice to come to school a bit earlier as there are kids there and they are eager to help out. Many have been digging and counting the earthworms they get, I showed them how to pick them up and although most were squirmish at first, many now can pick them up with their fingers.

Here are the boys performing in the school assembly, its better now that they have separated Primary and Nursery.

No comments: