Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Kiddie Gardening






So the kids came by to help me plant my vege patch, of course nothing ever goes as planned and my fantasies of neat rows of veggies is unrealisitc, in fact I should just rename my veggie box the surprise box, since I don't know where the onions were planted and whether the delicate salad leaves will survive their planting methodology. But they all had fun.

They worm performance went as planned, though as the kids came in different batches I only got to do my worm eating performance to a very shocked ethan, riley and kaikai. After introducing the worms and hearing them scream when the worms wiggle and squirm, I pull out a big one and toss it into my mouth, Ethan reacted like his mom, in pure terror and disgust, riley in shock and kaikai wanted to cry. When I gave them the worm in the candy wrapper, they even ran away! but later happily ate it.

Kaikai went to school today saying, "worms are delicious". Hope this has some evolutionary benefit or maybe he would resist dinners less if he had worms.... I wonder what would turn up if I googled earthworm recipes. I need to get more pics from Charmaine who was taking pics, I had ike on one hip and the kids all over the place.

Here is a pic of ike's toes sticking out of his sleeping thing. I wonder what he does at night? eat his toes? make holes in his jammies? Today at art class, he saw a glass of water and wanted it, apparently he said, "water". Charmaine and Shelley heard it but I didn't, maybe he's talking now???

No comments: