Monday, September 10, 2007

Seasons go from Winter to Summer here






It was cold and then suddenly quite hot! the heat in mid day now reaches 31 degrees. In the am and pm its quite cool. The daylight hours are getting longer and the govt also talking about doing daylight saving time. Which would be good as Ike is now teasing us with a 6 am wake up but I wonder whether he would do that if the sun starts to come up sooner.

Ike is also taking longer naps as he must be tired from all his shuffling around! Today he did 2 chunks of 2 hours quite nicely, we had to wake him up. Dr. W says by 15 months he would only sleep one nap, I think Nate used to do a 3 hour stretch? I quite liked last friday where he didn't want to nap and so he had to sleep earlier.

Here are some of the flowers in bloom! The purple hanging ones are in nate's school, he seems to always stop and admire them. The small bally curled up ones now burst into yellow pompom like flowers. The first image is of my citronella flowering. The intense purple on the bottom is on a plant that shoot upwards, the leave resemble the "Japanese rose" back in KL, the flowers are like paper. Last month I thought my rose cover had died out so I went to buy little white flowers with a tinge of pink, today I looked at where they were planted and the old cover has sprouted back up! boy will there be a plant war soon. Its like growing right before our eyes.

No comments: