Monday, September 10, 2007

Nokia Event - Defend Your Street






ok, the first two pic have nothing to do with the title above. One is of the chicken nest in nate's school, a hen has laid a whole bunch of eggs and is often seen "bu dan" there. We are awaiting the chicks tho I suspect the eggs may be dud ones. Apparently there should be alot of chicks and ducklings soon. Also Nde Bushe should have alot of baby springboks as well.

Pic 2 is of Nate at Nde Bushe wearing my sweater. He has consistently been spilling stuff on himself by accident. Since his clothes were wet, he ran around only with his spidy undies, then I remembered that I brought my sweater and folded the sleeves for him, looks like a dress-ish.

The other pics are of the Nokia event, it involves soccer, which didn't really interest me but I took nate, ike and nomsa on sunday with michelle, axel, lucas and isabelle. Nate got his face on TV the day earlier with Loren giving an interview, apparently with a big green caterpillar drippy booger nose. Here he got a spiderman hand painting and a tiger hand. Ike got some balloons painted on his leg and appears not to be freaked out by the strange looking woman. The VIP tent was nice, lots of freebies, a nokia hat, tupperware, bandana (am now sorted for cancer day at school on the 21st) and a blue T-Shirt with NOKIA on it. Nomsa said she will use that as her uniform.

Nate on a Quad bike, I took ike on it, while I steered, he cried, must be the noise from the engine.

Today we walked on the golf course, while Shelly was busy pulling up Ethan's pants as he did a quick wee, and pistol was chasing the pea hens (he was like a hunter until he started stalking the magpies which swooped down and fought back, then he slinked back quickly to the safety of my legs), kelly and helen with nate, raking the sand, a man runs down in sunglasses saying we can't do that!! boy was he mad and red all over but since we committed many possible violations, we weren't sure which one we were offending. If shelley wasn't there I would have said, "no speakee english". So after 8 months of being here and taking my stroller around, I am told the stroller wheels hurt the turf. Hmmm, there are no track marks tho! the stroller and ike must still weigh less than a guy dragging his golf clubs or a fat guy! For those who know anything about courses, please tell me if that is the case? Anyway, we will next time take a route where they can't spot us from the road... catch us if you caaaaaaan.

No comments: