Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Roodeport Compost center






On my weekly part time job as a vege gardener (again before stockholm), Cora took me to the government compost making area. It was lovely, big big mountains of compost and mulch, the whole place smelled so wonderful, like oak and mint and fresh dirt. If I could bottle that scent, that would be my perfume (and I don't use any).

They had loads of big machinery there and I think i should maybe take the boys there to go see the different types. A white guy (the supervisor of the facility?) there had a family of chickens and I couldn't believe Cora just went up to him to ask for a mid aged chick. She had 3 chicks but 2 got eaten by her dog and the remaining one doesn't seem to get along with the other chickens.

The "go away" grey bird in her garden, munching on the aloe flowers!

No comments: