Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stockholm is great.






I met with the famous sinologist, Cecilia Lindqvist (check out her book China: Empire of Livingn Symbols), she took me out for dinner and almost drank me under. We talked about her latest book the Qin and all her speaking assignments. Also how tough it is to find a good agent, she had to tell her agent that she won the best book award in Taiwan 2007 and they don't seem like they are active or know how to promote her stuff. Sounds like a niche is there for a McCormack for writers too.

She is also a keen gardener and told me to head out to the University's botanical garden, magnificent place! a walk away from my lecture as well.

I also got to meet Prof. Lent and his wife again and I think I will be speaking at Guiyang next year. Got a few more good contacts on the cartoon scholars and got to attend a number of lectures on media type stuff. I can't believe its 17 years since I left University.

Its good to get away from the kids! Thanks Marcia!!!

No comments: