Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stockholm!!






It was a really nice trip, I went by myself to speak at a Media conference and had a great time. The first day I woke up in Stockholm, I realised I had not woken up a single time the night before, wow it was like reliving my life before the kids.

My 3 gfs and I used to choose a city and meet there... one would take care of our museum itinerary, the other food and the last on shopping and we would discover a city together like that, this would have been an ideal one. I wonder why we did not come here?

I went to quite a number of museums, sat on a boat to look at stockholm on a rainy day, listened to my ipod, slept well, had an unbelievable amount of enerqy (was it the weather or the fact that I did not hear a single whine the whole day?). I walked alot... and it was the summer sale!! 50% off and then 25% tax back! Its quite close to heaven.

Now REA means sale in Swedish (I think) am not sure what the SLUT means yet...

On the one or two rainy days, I watched birds pick earthworms. This city has alot of great stuff, an old city, a modern part, gardens, a viking ship, water, boats, museums.... highly recommended. Even with kids.

This rack of bikes you can get a ticket from the tourist office and take off with a bike!

No comments: