Monday, July 14, 2008

The weekend






started off really nice, nate did his karate in the morning with dada really well, dada takes both boys while I get to go to yoga. Nate was also well behaved at lunch and they watched Wall-E together, while Ike napped at home, I also got to nap, what is more blissful than this? The afternoon goes quite smoothly as well and at night we are having tapas at Woon's new place.

The next morning, I wake up aching... ooooh... I had not done ashtanga in so long, today lifting my arms still hurt! I was lucky for a second day... Nate wanted to take a nap and so with Ike asleep, I got in a 1.5 hour nap, thinking this is unbelievable great, one of these deep deep numbing sleeps. When Nate wakes up 2 hours later, he has a high burning fever and his rash has spread to alot more spots and he was scratching and it was just itchy everywhere.

I apply antihistamine and bundle him off to the dr. Dr says some oral and cream antihistamine should do the trick, his nose though is still all bunged up. He did not have appetite for lunch but not bad for dinner (pizza place). We had quite a nice family council, a music one... and nate put in two sentences this week.

Well... at night I could not sleep! and just as I did, Nate wakes up, "Is Bubby coming tonight??". After he falls back asleep I hear all sorts of noises, like every 30 mins the humidifier bubbling as the water travels downwards. Then 2 am some bird or insect... then my own head with my brother's voice... it gets later and later and soon you will have to wake up for the normal day... aaargh. I can't switch on the lights as Loren is sleeping. torture torture! In the end I get a few hours in.

Nate wakes up at 7:30, has a fever, does not want to get out of bed and falls back asleep at 8 going till about 9:30am and then gets to watch TV the whole day. Ike went off to school and in the afternoon, I even took him to his first Kindermusik class. I hope Ike can talk soon, sometimes he gets so frustrated pointing at all sorts of stuff but we don't know what he wants. He's quite "sauce" adventurous and like trying all sorts of sauces, insisting on a platter of types for his steam vege's to be dipped in.

Bubby will be here in about 3 hours. Tomorrow I have an interview already set up for her at Unity College, which is an institution for children who have learning disabilities, its quite close to our house. I wonder if she will get the courage to drive this time while in S. Africa? I wonder if she will go gardening with me and I am not sure I should take her to yoga.

Loren is off to Ghana today then Nigeria and back on Saturday. On Saturday I will be off to Stockholm to an international conference, I will speak on my granddad.

No comments: