Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Air is SO dry

and it is summer of which it is supposed to be the wettest time. The rains have not come down in 2 weeks, but somehow water is cheap here and everyone's lawns are still green from the sprinkler systems. I need to get Nate used to wearing lip stuff and I need to start wearing slippers too as feet here are proned to cracked heels. i tried but just don't like slippers. Everyone wears shoes in the house and drags dirt in. I also need ot get good hand moisturizers at every washing station, I can understand why people don't want to wash their hands often but maybe the nice smelling moisturizers will help, my finger tips are so dry, they are going to peel too.

Bullet's nose is dry... so is ikes, tho thembi said for their kids, they use a bit of vaseline in the nose and last night that worked really well, he only woke twice, instead of a few times. The meter that measures the dryness in the air is always stuck at 20%, which is the lowest indicator, I wonder if we could be at 10% or lower?

I thought i tossed out my dehumidifiers in taipei but they got shipped here, I tried selling them at cash converters but they laughed and were surprised such a product exsited. I will try and hunt for a large humidifier soon.

I signed nate up for broadacres nursery school, they should have a spot for him next term, which is april. I checked out two other schools but they weren't as nice as broadacres... am happy that ike would also go to broadacres when he is ready. Next step apparently I have to start looking at primary schools as I have to put his name down or he may have no spot when the time comes and if we are still here.

Am planning to tackle our bedsheet and towel situation next, I have not done any shopping in that area as Taipei just had a very limited variety. The bookshelves arrived but I think i made have amde a measurement mistake, they look a bit short will have to think how to remedy that situation.

No comments: