Friday, February 23, 2007

Titbits


Pic of the dog's beds upstairs, they also have beds downstairs. amazingly they haven't bitten a hole in them like when they were younger in Singapore.

Conversations overheard...

1.) Thembi and Olivia having breaskfast.
T: I am so afraid of Bullet...
O: Oh he looks scary but he is just a gentle goofy dog, not scary at all
T: But his farts smell so bad and they are silent
O: giggling
T: I swear, if there were other people around, no one would believe me if I said it was bullet, they would think I am blaming an innocent dog!
O: laughing with tears....

2.) Thembi and the neighbour's helper (translated), lunch time.
N: Oi... what are you cooking again, it smells so good.
T: eat you own meal ok, stop being so nosy
N: Oi... you guys are killing us you know, everyday the food smells so good and the wind brings over the smell. They only feed us bread here. Oh I still feel so hungry, I have doubled my bread intake smelling your food. I am gaining weight because of you! you make me fat!

I hope the girls feel grateful for they are allowed to eat what we eat, by law we only need to provide tea and bread! Thembi has lost 2kg since working for us and Nomsa 10kg, I think from working and moving and eating better. Thembi said her heart has grown bigger though and she enjoys working here.

3.) Nate in School at story time, teacher finished telling a story about snails (his favourite thing now) and caterpillars
T: Steven, sit down... and so the snail went on its way and what did it see?
N: oooo luulalluuuooo (no idea what he is trying to make out) mao mao cong (caterpillar in chinese) and wo niu (snail in chinese) walking apu the hillu (walking up the hill, why he speaks like a japanese i don't know!)
T: (bursts out into a big smile), Mr. Nate, you are very talkative today.

4.) Dada comes home early to say good night, nate is in bed, they are looking into each others eyes....
N: Rafiyu
Loren: huh? (looks to me) do you know what he is saying?
Me: no idea... oh I think he said Love You
N: (big smile, good translation).
L: love you too
N: Lab you.

Nate's new friend two doors down is Ethan, he turned 3 in January and is slightly taller than Nate and they seem to understand each other. His mom thought Nate was older... so I guess they will still not be talking by 3? I do miss the time from taipei when he would come back with a new chinese word that I have not heard in a long time.

Nate is now into Nemo, olivia seems hooked onto it as well.

No comments: