Monday, February 12, 2007

Ike is on solids! yay!


Took Ike for his check up and "poo review" with the dr today, he is now 8 kg which is quite big compared to the dr's daughter who was there and is a 2.5 year old walking child and they are the same size (he says she is on the small side). They had the same sized feet, hands, head... only one was still more of a blob.

Dr is happy with his poo progress and has agreed to start him on solids, tomorrow he will have 2 teaspoons of rice cereal for breakfast, two weeks later then vege's then fruit then progress to dinner by 7 months with meat etc. The time for weaning is near, which spells freedom for me and better sleep. I am so happy that there is a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

He also ok-ed some dimetapp as he may be getting nate's cold. Nate if his cough doesn't improve by thurs, I'll bring him in on friday. Today nate helped me make lemon and honey juice. The next appointment I bring both of them for the developmental check up with the dr around mid march.

I came home and nate found loren's big exercise ball, which we took out and rolled around the street, nate racing with the ball, bumping into the ball... I also got to admire the rose bushes in our front area, last week nate helped me put the dead flower stems that I cut off into a pile, at first I was reluctant to have him help me as there are thorns but he managed well. This week there are many new buds and we will have alot of roses popping up again.

Nate with his new running speed has also had a number of boo boos. In the last week, he fell and cut his lip twice, his knees are scratched up, now he asks for long pants so they don't hurt as much when he falls, he goes everywhere barefoot but likes to kick rocks so.... a boo boo on his big toe too.

No comments: