Friday, February 16, 2007

Ike is growing up





Ike determines to sleep at 730pm everynight, its pitch dark at about 720pm with my new black out curtains, sometimes he appears tired at 630 or 645 and I try to put him to sleep but its a struggle, light still seeps in and he just refuses to go down, thena t 725 he will suddenly put his head down and finallly go to sleep.

Last night as soon as he slept, loren and I went out to dinner. Olivia said he woke at about 915 and was patted back to sleep, he does a first waking at 915 to 930. Then I was so tired I slept, the room has a double bed and ike was right smack in the middle, I also moved his cot there but the girls don't like using it, so I also have a mattress on the floor. I slept on the floor as my new experiment to not wake ike while I toss and turn and vice versa. 1215am, ike asleep, I sleep on, 2am, no noise, this is good zzzzzz. 330am, shirt wet, do I go pump? how come this guy is sleeping so much? hover hover, ike is breathing but sleeping. 345 a stir and feed and change of diaper. Will he make it to 7am??? 4am, argh now I can't sleep, so I am mentally planning his new routine day.

He has more wakeful hours, I have been taking him to nate's school if he is awake during that time, yesterday he went with me to check out the broadacres nursery school, tomorrow maybe i take him swimming, I also remembered that I have a bouncy toy that I should use before he is too big and I think also a new bedtime routine which will include reading. Poor guy just gets led into a dark room. I should try and get him a CD player too for some classical music.

So 430am am at the blog... I can think of a few more stories to write but will save that. I will take the camera with me everywhere tomorrow and get shots to upload. I mananged to hook up the new printer/scanner yesterday and I will try and hit the plant shop tomorrow for smaller potted plants around the house and will try to go when ike is awake, 25mins more and Thembi's shift starts and I can switch on the baby monitor and head back to sleep in the main bedroom.

Will Ike sleep through tomorrow?

This week, while checkin gout the Dainfern nursery (15min walk fm home), the owner called Ike, "fatty". Ike is really not quite pleased with the dr's plan to give him a teaspoon increase of rice cereal a day. Yesterday, he grabbed the spoon from olivia and fed himself. The rice cereal is creating a bit of havoc to his tummy, very smelly farties and just as olivia was preparing a suppository yesterday, he made a BIG one, three days worth for Thembi, the new jackpot winner.

No comments: