Monday, February 19, 2007

Settling in

Finally I feel that we are settling in. I bought some plants over the weekend and today took the plunge to buy one of my favourite ferns, they are quite expensive here and in Singapore I could practically pick them off the ground, I may have my mom bring a tupperware of small baby ferns for me to raise. There is one fern though near our house, but it is on a tall tall palm that serves as the mini round about, now way I can go harvest baby ones or pluck that one!

I"ve also been trying to buy baskets, there are quite a number of them but nothing that is perfect yet. The US is still the land of consumers, I clicked on to crate and barrel and there were my perfect baskets!

Some of you asked about the dogs, they are doing fine, bullet today jumped over the pool corner, barely making it, just to try and catch a Uaaark uaark bird. There were 2 in our garden today looking for fat earthworms. I do need to take a pic of them! Jake and pistol both used ot have black fur under their chins but both have turned white now, jakes eye brows and whiskers have also turned white. Ourd dogs are entering middle age.

I have instituted a new way to put ike to sleep, no more carrying and singing and 4 different methods... he cried some on sunday as we now put him down before he sleeps, so he learns to sleep unassisted but today did the best naps so far, 2 solid ones. A perfect nap day.

The bookshelves arrive on weds and then we will be all unpacked! yay.

No comments: