Friday, February 16, 2007

Broadacres Farm Nursery School

It is Nate's mid term and his montesorri school is closed for 3 days, I signed him up for the Dainfern nursery which is a 15 min walk from home or a 2 minute drive in the car. He seems to adjust to the new place really fast, yesterday i got a hug when I picked him up, today he didn't even want to come home! I think he is just hoping to avoid his naps. When his teacher started laying out nap mats, he said "go home". The difference I think is that Nate spends more indoor time and doing indoor things like craft than running around outside.

I also finally checked out the Farm nursery school, its not far from our home, maybe a 10 minute drive, they also have buses doing pick up and nate misses sitting on a bus. Its quite a large place, different sections for different age groups, there are lots of farm animals, a resident hog, a group of geese, ducks, chickens and they get to ride a horse once a week! There are about 250 students but it did not feel like it. It is run by a husband and wife team and they also get healthy meals there. They try to create group pressure to get the kids to learn from each other. There is also the same teachers that teach golf, ballet, action ball, swimming etc here. The school also only closes for the December holidays and none of this mid term then end of term breaks. I really like this school, there is unfrotunately no space for Nate's age group. I think i will just sign him up and then when they do have space move him over.

The other thing I like is that they have big shady trees, his montesori school has some shade but not as much. Some parents I spoke to did not liek the place because they thought it was too grimy but I think it is not much more so than the present school and kids at this age should get grimy anyway.

Bubbi marcia is now booked to come out in April, missing the lovely montreal spring into summer for SA's autumn into winter. I hope I get my car by then, otherwise we will have one man band bubbi....

No comments: