Saturday, January 02, 2010

Fujian - Day 4





A really early wake up call to head to the airport and we head up to Wuyi Shan. This hill resort is really nice, while flying in, the rocky mounds are almost like the floating mounds in Avatar, but its really really cold.

The morning takes us to an area for a nice walk, huge mountains that resemble my granddad’s paintings, I have my sketch book but with Ike asleep in my arms (the guide said I could not take the stroller though there were ample place to stroller it). It starts to rain and get colder. Ike either is extremely stubborn or has loads of red blood cells and is not cold easily. He did not like the bright orange Nike jacket I got but would wear the black one which is actually Nate’s.

By now I have resorted to coke bribery to keep them in line. The cousin boys have also been very helpful with the bags, stroller and the boys. The boys are very happy with their new “friends” or rather their cousins.

In the afternoon, we take a nap to catch up on all the lack of sleep. Even Ike takes a second nap. By night time the hotel has sorted out the heaters and we are finally toastier. Too bad we are placed in the old wing and so there is no bath tub to soak up some warmth into the bones...

No comments: