Friday, January 08, 2010

Kelly and Helen in Singapore






We managed to meet up with Kelly and Helen in both KL and Singapore. This week after school we got to spend a few days with them at the botanical gardens, our home and the science center. They left last night back to Joburg, I guess they must be quite happy to be back after being away for 3 weeks.

Here are the boys and the monk hairstyles... its quite funny the reaction from different people. Was at the mall yesterday to pick up a juicer and people were just staring at them, they get enough stares as mixed kids, then when I start talking to them in Chinese... we get more reaction, now these monk heads... I should just dress them up in orange robes, pass on a begging bowl and some beads and get arrested for abusing my children!

Ike really likes his number 1 cut, many people come up to him to touch his head, he seems to be enjoying the attention and they are still at the age they think the short hair gives them a swimming competitive edge. I didn't do such a good job with the back of ikes head and he has a crooked hairline, its hard to cut there. He was practically in tears and screaming at the discomfort of little hairs in his shirt.

Yesterday am tho he woke up came to my bed and said, "I am very very happy today, how about you?", "are you happy? sad? angry or surprised?" Funny guy. Nate on the other hand had a bad case of croup at nite. I thought kids grow out of it by 5 and as the air is damp here he really should not be getting it but then it is a virus.... I think it was his worse attack yet and made worse by crying, luckily he didn't turn blue and calmed down and went back to sleep.

He rested at home the next day watching Star Wars episode 2. So at the mall we got a juicer... the reason, Ike in China had saw an ad on tv of a juicer making juice and has wanted a juicer since. We got one and yesterday they made cucumber apple juice, today I think they made a peach apple juice.

No comments: