Monday, October 29, 2007

More Flora






I tried very hard to take more pics of buildings and surroundings to give people a view of the landscape here but it is still the flora that makes me want to whip out my phone (actually carry it at all). These are all plants we (ike and I see) on our walk.

The cactuses here are all going into bloom and they pop out from many multiple points. The red one is really nice, it reminds me of a design my cousin wanted to submit as a debeers jewelry design, he described exactly this flower but as he described the final product and the way the diamonds will shine and move at the ends of the stems, he suddenly burst out laughing saying it would look like a huge inverted toilet brush. I must send him this flower pic.

Finally after 10 months of hunting, I have found a company that will come to pick up anytrash that is not organic (no need since I have my worms) and that is recyclable, for about an annual fee of US$50 but that is great, they will recycle it and this thought actually makes me very happy.

I also found a whole bunch of books that are reading for vermiculture... I think its a bit late to order them now for marcia to bring over as her bags already weigh a tonne!

No comments: