Friday, October 26, 2007

Walks with Ike






Instead of pushing the stroller and taking more or less the same routes, I have decided to back pack Ike and take the nature routes, I get some weight training for bone density (though not as intense as taipei and up those stairs). He seems to quite like it, here's a shot of the red birds that are back and then i did not adjust the zoom and when I took a pic of him behind me, his face got blown up, this is as close as you get to his cheeky weekies.

Its cold again here, with the rain and wind and clouds, we are back down to 11 degrees in the day time. Brrrr.

I quite like the new routine with nate not napping, I leave him in school till 2, sometimes I manage a mini 15 min nap. I get more time with Ike and then in the pm, time with nate, today when I picked him up from school we zipped off to buy a new pair of rain boots, his old spidey one has holes. Yesterday we dropped Ike with Nomsa to Clamber club and nate and I went to have tea and scones at the little country, english type cafe on top of crabtree and evelyn. He even got his own mini teacup.

By 630pm both of them have crashed out. Not sure why Ike has moved his waking times to 430am and Nate wakes up several times at night, maybe he is lacking some sleep as with the nap he would total 12 hours, without the nap he is doing 11 hours or is it the age for nightmares?

1 comment:

gremlin said...

is nate 3 and ike 1 ish? hazarding a guess that nate's having one of those growth spurts and hence hungry all times of the night and ike's teething. my 3 yr olds wake all the time for milk - I guess they find no good reason to be up and about so they ask for milk - and that somehow puts them back to sleep thank God! for a couple more hours before they wake again...for more milk.